HR Interview Frequently Asked Questions and Tips to Answer them
- Tell me a little about yourself.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- May I contact your former/current employer for a reference? But the fact is that most professionals do not want their current employers to know that they have been looking for other opportunities.
- Do you know anyone working here?
- Explain how you would be an asset to the organization?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What are your goals?
- Are you okay with shifts?
- Are you willing to relocate for the job?
- What is your salary expectations?
- Tell us something about your hobbies?
- What do you think are your strengths?
- What do you think are your weaknesses?
- You prefer working alone or in a team?
- What do you like about your current job?
- What do you dislike about your current job?
- Do you consider yourself a leader?
- Why did you quit your previous job?
- What was your role in the previous work experience?
- What is your achievement in your last position?
- Are you a risk taker?
- How about your work ethics?
- What are your expectations regarding this position? Think of positives and answer accordingly. Some points to be considered are working with a good team and a fair employer. A position which will be challeging (at least at times), where you can improve your standing in the company and good personable working conditions.
- Why should we hire you?
- Do you have any questions for me?