IT jobs, full stack web development, in particular, is an in-demand job profile. This makes the field and pay highly competitive. But before jumping into pay scale of a full stack web developer, let us familiarise ourselves with a few relevant topics. Check out the full stack web development guide for details.
Who is a Full Stack Web Developer?
A full stack web developer in simple terms is a coder. A coder who is the Jack of all trades. But one can become a full stack web developer if he has the mastery over a few technologies and more than a passing proficiency in others. A full stack web developer is expected to be able to work across multiple layers. A lot of full stack web development tools are available out there to make the job easier.
The first layer is the client-side/ front-end technologies. The coder builds the user interface in this layer. The second layer is the logic layer. Server-side or back-end technologies are a part of this layer. The third layer is the database layer. All the required data can be stored with popular database systems.
In addition to these three, you should have knowledge of some libraries as well. That will give them mastery over a complete stack required for end-to-end web development. If you are here looking to become a web developer, use the road map to full stack web development to figure out what skills you need to learn. Additionally, you can attend online courses and develop your portfolio.
If you consider online learning as bit difficult then you can enroll into our Full Stack offline Classes.
What is the general job description for the position of a Full Stack web Developer?
- Proficiency in a few programming languages
- Other languages like Python, Ruby, PHP, C#, Perl etc are desirable
- Experience with full stack front-end frameworks like Angular and React
- Experience with full stack back-end frameworks like Node.js and Django
- Experience with databases like MongoDB and MySQL
- Familiar with Git, design tools and web servers
- Responsible for front-end and back-end scripting
- Knowledge in data structures and algorithm
- Optimize the existing system and maintain smooth operation
- Troubleshoot issues that fall under your various skillset
- Strong critical thinking and organization skills
- Experience with project management is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
What is the average salary of a Full stack Web Developer Abroad?
The salary is fixed by the skills set of the candidate as well as their relevant experience in the field of full stack web development.
Entry-level candidate and web developers new to Full stack development are at the lower end of the pay scale. Depending upon the place of work, the demand and experience, the scale goes to the higher range of salary.
The averages are calculated with the data available to each surveyor. Let’s consider the job sites Indeed and Glassdoor in the US , the UK and Australia.
Salary according to Indeed
A full stack developer earns A$109,292 per year on an average with the highest recorded salary of A$195,000 per year in Australia. The same position in the US pays about $110,525 per year with the highest recorded salary $220,000 per year. In the UK, a full stack web developer is paid €47,916 per year with the highest recorded salary €102,000per year.
Salary according to Glassdoor
A full stack developer earns A$75,000 per year on an average with the highest recorded salary of A$118,000 per year in Australia. The same position in the US pays about $80,212 per year with the highest recorded salary $120,000 per year. In the UK, a full stack web developer is paid €46,810 per year.
Please note that each country has its own currency and different rate of exchange between the dollars of different countries.We can assume that the actual figures will be somewhere between the two figures and the pay is high compared to other positions.
What is the average salary of a full stack web developer in India?
The salary is fixed by the skills set of the candidate as well as their relevant experience in the field of full stack web development.Entry-level candidate and web developers new to Full stack development are at the lower end of the pay scale.
The averages are calculated with the data available to each surveyor. According to Indeed, an average full stack web developer salary is around Rs.6.25Lakhs. According to a Glassdoor survey, the national average of India is Rs.5,14,198 per year.
How do you aim for a higher salary?
- Then become an expert in Git, a package manager, and task runner.
- Develop value-added skills of other tried and tested tools in Full stack web development.
- Design skills, knowledge od web servers, data security etc are all additional skillset worth learning.
- Get certified. Yes, certifications are important. If you need certification, choose some packaged online full stack development course and language courses. You can utilize these certificates for salary negotiation.
- Keep yourself updated with the latest trends and technology.
- Choose to work in a hot and trending location.
- Get more experience. With full stack development tools build a chatbot, an SPA. Learn new entrants like Motion UI to help your applications stand apart from others.