Interview preparation and mock interview
- Profile on professional networking sites
- Social media presence
- Dress the part.
- Current Affairs
- Follow up on the interview.
- It gives you experience but without the pressures of having to land the job.
- This will reduce interview anxiety.
- Mock interview helps you to reassess your strengths and weaknesses.
- Attempt any number of times before the actual interview process.
- The practise interview is almost always videotaped so you can go back and see how you fared.
- You will be working on your soft skills and body language, and also your attire.
- You get to review the interview with the career coach and work out methods to improve.
- You can also use the mock interview for technical interviews along with HR interview and Personal interview.
- Since you would have answered the questions multiple times in mock interviews before turning up for the real one, the repetition might give birth to complacency in you.
- You may also become overconfident that might leak out in your answers. This will seriously jeopardise your chances of landing the job.
- Also the whole process of preparing for the mock interview, appearing for it, then analysing the feedback all takes out a humongous bite out of your available time.
- They can also be costly.
- Different interviewers have different methodology and different standards and style.