RRB Group: The Ultimate List of Exam Preparation Strategies
Railways are one of the most popular institutions that most people dream to work with. To make your dreams come true, the Railway Recruitment Board conducts exams every year as a part of the recruitment process. Candidates who wish to be selected for various posts under the Railway Recruitment can take up the test. The Railway Group C and D exams will be conducted in the month of 2018. With not even a month left to prepare, how do you ace this exam and get a reputed post in the RRB?
Following is a list of tips and strategies that you might find helpful while you’re preparing for your exam that will possibly turn your world around.
- This is obviously the first mandatory thing to do every time you prepare for an exam. Get to know the test pattern thoroughly. If possible, try to memorize. The more familiar you are with the pattern, the easier it gets for you.
- Once you’re familiar with the test pattern, it’s time to move on to the Syllabus. Getting to know the topics from which you will be questioned gives you an upper hand in preparation. Some common topics include Mathematics, General Science and Awareness, Current Affairs etc.
- Pay attention to the tiny details. In the end, these details help you score more marks that enable you to reach a good cut-off. For eg, The RRB Group exams have negative marking. 1/3 of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. So, think twice before you answer a question.
- If you’re lost and don’t know where to start, you can refer the following books to get an idea,
- For maths: M.tyra, Rakesh Yadav
- For reasoning: R.S. Aggarawal, B.S. Sijwali
- For english: SP Bakshi
- For railway: Upkar Publications
- Whether you start your preparation way early or too late, time management is key. Just because you started early, it doesn’t mean you have time to waste. Make proper use of the time you have be making a schedule and stick to it no matter what.
- Halfway through your preparation, put yourself to test by taking up several online sample tests. Note down the time you to take answer a question and work on ways to improve yourself. The more practice tests you take, the closer you get to success.
- Improve your speed. As you will have to solve 100 questions in 90 minutes, you have to work on problem solving skills, speed and accuracy, You can’t afford to lose marks as every negative answer will reduce your score.
- Go through the previous year question papers to understand the type of questions asked. If any questions are repeated, you’ll know that’s something to look out for.
- And always remember, all you need are your dedicated efforts and hard work to succeed and to follow your dreams