Full-stack web development frameworks
Web development has become easier with the introduction of frameworks. It has also paved the way for full stack web development. Full-stack developers use frameworks to develop, optimize and maintain websites and other web applications.
Get to know everything about full stack web development tools if you want to become a full stack web developer. You might get confused about which tool to study. Use our roadmap to full stack web development to get a clear idea on how to approach the subject.
Full stack web development is an in-demand job which pays a very high salary. This also means that you should be simply good at all levels of full stack web development. To get certified as a full-stack designer, check out our online training course on full stack web development. There are numerous frameworks and all of them cannot be mastered.
These frameworks are also based on different high-level languages which you need to know. So selecting a framework depends upon your skill set as well as what you need to learn. We have attempted to curate some of the widely used frameworks that are used in a large number of stacks by full stack web developers.
Trending Full Stack Frameworks in 2023
In this section, we talk about the most commonly used frameworks in full-stack development. These frameworks were equally popular and have been used consistently in 2020 and before:
- It provides a framework for MVC and MVVM architectures. It was developed to solve issues faced in single page applications.
- Angular is the front-end part of the MEAN stack. This framework adapts and extends HTML and its attributes. It follows the declarative programming paradigm. AngularJS has separate DOm manipulation and app logic.
- Similarly, it has separate client-side and server-side codings. This improves the efficiency and reduces time. The development of the front-end and back-end can be done in parallel. Both sides can also be reused.
- It is slow to render in since it checks all the variables under the scope for every cycle. It is also not very lightweight in terms of the size compared to other frameworks.
- It automatically sends data to clients without expressly writing codes for it. This is possible using the publish-subscribe pattern. Initially released in 2011 as skybreak, it was renamed Meteor.
- Meteor has taken over multiple other technologies like FathomDB, Galaxy - a cloud-based hosting environment. They provide an integrated solution for these with Meteor. It can also be integrated with MongoDB, NPM and other web development tools.
Django is an open source web framework written in Python [Python programming is the most in-demand and a high-level coding language used in web development]. It has MTV architecture. It is developed and maintained by the Django software foundation. It simplifies the creation of complex websites which are data driven.
The best feature of Django is its reusability of components. It promotes fewer code sentences, low coupling, and rapid development. It also follows the Don't Repeat Yourself (DRY) paradigm.
- It also consists of a lightweight web server, which can be used for development and testing.
- It also has a template system, a caching framework, an internal dispatcher system, and an internalization and serialization system. It has a system to enhance the template engine as well. it also has an interface to the built-in unit test framework.
- Django can be run with Apache, Nginx, Cherokee, etc. It also supports backends like Postgres, MySQL, SQLite and Oracle.
- Django is also bundled with other systems and frameworks that make it a complete package. These include an authentication system, a dynamic administrative system, tooling to generate Google sitemaps and a framework to create GIS applications.
Also known as Ruby on Rails, Rails is a back-end web app framework. It is based on the language Ruby. It has an MVC architecture. It additionally facilitates the usage of HTML, JS, and CSS to create a user interface. It emphasises on Convention over Configuration (CoC) and Don't Repeat Yourself (DRY) patterns. It was initially released in 2005.
- Rails brought about a defining change in features and innovation. It allowed easy migration and creation of database tables. This led to fast application development. Rails supports ‘less code and less repetition’.
- Rails is not connected to the internet directly. It uses a front-end web server to connect to the internet. It can be run with Nginx, Apache and Cherokee, etc.
- It has an in-built package manager RubyGems. It is mostly paired with a MySQL or Postgres database. It is good for building scalable web applications and web sites. It has influenced many frameworks, some of which are also on this list.
- Node uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model. This makes the framework lightweight and efficient. It is highly scalable. It has an in-built default package manager called NPM. This reduces the time taken and lines of code that need to be written.
- It provides services to a much larger number of requests than traditional servers like Apache. These applications do not buffer any data and output data in chunks.
6. ANDROID SDK
Android SDK or the software development kit is a framework to develop an application for Android devices. It consists of libraries, application program interfaces, and sample codes along with a debugger.
Each Android version has its own SDK, and we should install it to be able to write programs with the latest features. This means that every time a new version of Android is released, a new version of SDK is released.
- SDK Android is compatible with other Operating Systems like Windows, Mac OS and Linux. It is generally used to write programs by using an integrated development environment (IDE). Eclipse with ADT plug-in is a popular choice.
- It can also be coded in the command prompt. The IDEs graphical interface makes development easy and fast.
- Java is the programming language used to write mobile applications. This requires Java Development Kit (JDK). The SDK also comes with an Android emulator. Android development is becoming easier gradually due to the continuous development of the SDK.
- React is used to create reusable UI components, which are a great advantage. It reduces the time taken to code from scratch. It saves a lot of effort and resources.
- The components model of React ensures the readability of the code. This makes it easy for large apps to be built and modified.
Spring is an application framework. It is written in Java. It is an inversion of control container for the Java platform. It provides a consistent method of managing Java objects.
- The framework does not impose any particular programming model. It is an open source framework and is free. It is known as the framework of frameworks.
- It has multiple frameworks like an MVC framework, remote access framework, data access frameworks, transaction management framework, etc. MVC or a model-view-controller framework is one of the most popular frameworks used for creating scalable projects.
- Spring also has its own convention over configuration design paradigm solution for spring framework for rapid application development.
- It is developed and maintained by Pivotal Software. You can also use spring to build applications on top of the Java enterprise edition platform.
Symfony is a web development framework based on PHP. It is now developed and maintained by the Symfony community. It has a set of PHP libraries and reusable components.
- It is free. It can operate cross-platform on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. Symfony is used to build robust applications.
- It gives full control of the configuration to developers. A lot of features can be customized. Symfony uses a bytecode cache, which improves its performance.
- It replaces repetitive tasks. Symfony can be used to code efficiently and is fast to create and maintain a website. It has a set of in-built free components that can be used for other projects like templating engine, a parser, an event dispatcher, etc.
- Additionally, it also uses PHP based open source projects like unit testing framework PHPUnit and templating engine twig and swift- the email library. It is heavily influenced by the spring framework.
Hope the above information helps you find the right kind of full-stack development course, which will teach you all the fundamentals of website development, and also give you an opportunity to use your learning on several projects. For a beginner, it’s a good way to start from scratch and understand the frameworks. If you have more questions, you can always reach out to us. We are here to guide you. Also, sign up for Crampete’s full-stack course and make yourself future proof.
1. What is a full stack web development framework?
2. How can I become a full stack developer in 2023?
- To begin, you must have a thorough understanding of what a full-stack developer is, what they do, and why you want to pursue a career in this sector. To comprehend this, you'll need to perform a lot of your research.
- Secondly, you should choose a stack. If you already know a few programming languages, that's a terrific place to start. A wise alternative would be to use current languages and technologies to build a stack from the ones you currently know. A stack is a collection of technologies that enable you to build a website on your own. There are numerous stacking options.
And at the last practice makes you a full stack developer.
3. Which is the best stack for web development?
- MongoDB or Firebase
Many other answers advise learning PHP or Python for the backend. Python isn't horrible, but if you're studying JS for the front end, you'd be better off using those talents on the backend rather than learning a new language on top of attempting to grasp server-side development.Furthermore, this is the standard modern stack that everyone uses, so if you understand it, you'll be fine.
4. What is a stack framework?
A stack is a data structure in computing that is used to store a group of things. A push operation can be used to add and store individual elements in a stack. A pop operation, which removes an item from the stack, can be used to retrieve objects. When you add something to a stack, it goes on top of everything else you've already entered. When an item is removed from the stack, it can come from either the top or bottom. A "LIFO" (Last In, First Out) stack is one in which things are removed from the top. A LIFO stack is similar to a deck of cards in which you arrange individual cards on the deck before drawing cards from the top. Items are eliminated from the bottom of a "FIFO" (First In, First Out) stack. A FIFO stack can be thought of as a vending machine row where products are dispensed in the order they were put.
5. Which companies use mean stack?
- Data EximIT
- DataIT solutions